Friday, May 30, 2008

Chest Infection < The World.

Well, the madness of this short, hectic project is almost over, and my body has chosen to respond to this by acquiring a chest infection. Hahahackhack. I'm finding it difficult having to classify things coming out of my throat as either 'mint' or 'olive' green. I am vaguely unhappy.

On the other hand, there is no shortage of things already present in the world which make my suffering less suffery.

To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd, do you know what's bullshit? Fucking ads on the internet. I'm not even talking about pop-up ads (which are special kind of evil). I'm talking about those usually-innocuous ads that are present on the sidebars of sites like CNN and GameTrailers. Usually quiet and nonoffensive. Lately, however, I've noticed a disturbing trend of the ads ballooning up and occupying large portions of your screen. This I dislike. Enter Add-Art. Add-Art is an add-on for Firefox users (because, really, if you're not using Firefox, everybody thinks you're stupid... I mean seriously. Internet Explorer? Come on. Let's all use AOL to go check our Geocities accounts while we're at it. So last century.) that blocks all those ads and replaces them with works of art. Remember art? Remember how nice it makes you feel? When was the last time you were deeply affected by a blinking banner for Continental Airlines?

My friend Paul directed me to a flash game. I have no idea what it's called, but I think it may represent gaming in its purest form. Click the picture to go there.


I told you previously about a wonderful, wonderful bar in Denmark called the Scrollbar (best nerd bar name EVAR) that hosted a Mario night. Well, the sons of bitches went and had a Final Fantasy-themed night recently. What the fuck. I live in New York City. Where is my Final Fantasy-pathetic-drunken-cosplayer-night bar? I am scandalized.

Oooh, speaking of scandal. Now, I'm a huge fan of Tolkien's work. Of course I am. And I loved the movies that Peter Jackson did. I could have done with more Tom Bombadil and less Liv Tyler, but you take what you can get.

Now we learn that Guillermo del Toro will be directing the film based on The Hobbit. He'll also be directing a second, original, film set between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

*COUGHHACKSPLUTTER* I beg your fucking pardon? I am distinctly uncomfortable with this. It smacks of the same sort of commercialization that made the Dune series into a laughing-stock, and which clogs the science fiction/fantasy section of every bookstore with Star Wars and Star Trek "novels." Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade sums up my anxiety well, and graphically. I hope it's unjustified.

This young fellow has a few good points to make about videogames and sex.



My friend Paco is, apparently, not as busy as I am, and has drafted himself into my service as "interesting-link-getter." He notified me yesterday of two things: First, the ability of monkeys to control robotic arms. His evaluation was, "it doesn't say how many monkeys control how many arms, or how big the arm is." I agreed that this ambiguity was actually far more entertaining than the content of the article itself. Second, well, just read the article's title and you'll understand.
Katie likes Hello Kitty. A lot. Therefore, I also kind of like Hello Kitty. Therefore, the upcoming release of a Nintendo DS game entitled Hello Kitty Panda Sports Stadium has me very interested. Any game which permits you to dress Hello Kitty up in a panda suit and then do judo is well worth the price of admission.

One last thing before I go. Metallica has apparently taken some notes from Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead's books on how to not alienate the shit out of the people who like the music (ie: make your music free to download, sell tickets for concerts, and don't sue your fans). They've started something called "Mission: Metallica", where you can sign up and get some free shit, and then, later, buy their new album. Not download it for free (like NIN and Radiohead have done), buy it. The general consensus on Metallica's "new" approach seems to range from "too little, too late" to "fucking metalica are a fucking stupd band anyway and their all homos." Me, personally, I think they topped out with Ride the Lightning and haven't sung a decent song since The Black Album.

Well, time to go put a few bullets in the head of this Spanish Math project...

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam
A: Follow my lead!
B: Screw that!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I played Mario Kart online last night with a friend and with stangers. I'll send you my Mario Kart # when I get home.


~Paul

12:58 pm, May 30, 2008  
Blogger AdamFireFist said...

Sexy! Let us race!
Now go buy Brawl so I can fucking kill you with Pikachu.

1:01 pm, May 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie's Wii # is:
5245 2327 1609 5347

Her Mario Cart # is:
1676-4744-6567

My Mario Cart # is:
3781-0073-2973

~Paul

7:12 pm, June 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home