Tuesday, May 30, 2006

South Africa 20: The Recepticon!

Yes, yes, of course I mean the reception. It's just funny to me to twist the word around so it sounds like a Transformer. Leave me alone.

The reception took place at this lovely place called... wait for it... the Blue Lagoon. Nice. It was fun. And beautiful!

So pretty table setting. I've been reading the last book in the Dark Tower cycle, so these plates look like nothing so much as orizas. If you get that, good; if not, don't worry, it's just Adam's bit of nerdery for the day. Anyway, all the tables were named after virtues, like Faith and Love and Kindness and stuff. Our table. Oh, yeah, our table was....

Patience.
Rock. I was singing Guns 'n' Roses all night long. So lucky table name.
Oh, yeah. Michael and Lisa are in the picture, too. Michael is having more fun than Lisa.

This was a sweet one. I took a picture just as the professional photographer was taking one, so I got the big blast of light from his sun guns.

Well, that's it, then. The wedding was over, the reception was done, and how many pictures did I get? Oh, well, I was busy with speeches and Captain Morgan Dark.

Next! We go ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA! TO CAPETOWN! AND DESTINY!Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Hey, sorry it took me a while to get back to you about the pic in the profile. Um. I used a link rather than uploading a pic, cos like you say, there was some mild fuckery involved. Stick a pic of you either on a host somewhere, or in a blog entry, find what the link to just the pic is, then put that where it says "photo url" in the edit profile thingie. sorry if that was too much detail.

9:58 am, May 31, 2006  
Blogger AdamFireFist said...

No, no, I tried that, it just wouldn't work. It kept saying that it had to be a jpeg or gif file, and it WAS a .jpg file; it just wouldn't work. A girl from blogger support did it, and it worked out fine. Maybe it's just my computer....

8:38 pm, May 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home