Sunday, December 02, 2007

December!

Hi, everybody!
First things first. I know they said it couldn't be done, but I did it. I finally finished captioning those pictures from our trip to South Korea.
In April.
Sigh.
Anyway, they're interesting, if not timely. Go look at them!
Also, Katie and I went to visit her sister in Alexandria, Virginia. There were significantly fewer pictures, so I'm actually posting them... now! Amazing.
Oh, and I have to tell you that I finally found the vampire church. It's near my work, look:
They've been there since 1922! Creepy.
It was Katie's birthday on the 29th. About four weeks ago, I took it into my head to take her to a Broadway show for her birthday. I bought the tickets, but when I went to Manhattan on Novembver 10th to get the tickets, I was dismayed to find that the Broadway stagehands had gone on strike, shutting everything down.
For three weeks, I watched playbill.com and nervously waited for word that the strike would end. But it didn't. Argh. Well, long story short, the strike was resolved the morning of Katie's birthday, so the 8pm showing of The Little Mermaid was the first performance in three weeks.
Phew. We went out to dinner first, and I gave her a Hello Kitty DVD and the tickets with an obnoxious card that sang "Under the Sea" when she opened it. Oh, speaking of Hello Kitty, did you hear that Thai police are being forced to wear pink Hello Kitty armbands as punishment for being late or parking in the wrong place. LOL doesn't do it justice.
Reviews for The Little Mermaid have been lukewarm, but what do you want? It's not Les Mis, it's not Phantom of the Opera, it's a musical based on a cartoon about a little mermaid. So what if all the cast members are puttering around on heelies? It was fun, and Katie liked it.
We bought a tree! Yay, Christmas! It snowed last night, too! Katie named the tree "Prickly." It took a good long while, but we got it all set up and lights in the windows, so now it feels like Christmas.

See? Christmas! Yay! \o/

All right, I'm exhausted.

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam

hello kitty has three pets: dusty, spot, and aflacPosted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home