Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nintendo Wifi service is crap. And turn off your lights.

I hate to say anything bad about my favourite playing card company, but seriously, guys, come the fuck on. All I want to do is brawl with random people using my lightning rat, but I keep getting dropped from games and booted out to the main menu with weird error codes like 86640 and 30014. Fuck that. If Microsoft and Sony can do it right, then you can, too.

On to important matters. Today is the day that we do Earth Hour. It's simple. At 8pm tonight (your local time), turn off all the lights in your house to save a lot of electricity. It's not stupid, we're going to do it, and so should you. Light a candle and read for an hour or go for a walk. Stop being such fucking pussies and do something about the planet before it eats us.



The official website is here.

The web version of the Onion sucks. There, I said it.
It used to be cool, but now it sucks. The print version is still funny, but the web version lately just seems to be reprints of stories in the paper version.

That being said, this article about the Wii turning kids into pansies is hilarious.

Speaking of videogames, you know this guy, right?
Yeah! It'sa Mario! This guy is more famous than Mickey Mouse. He's cute and cartoony and shoots fireballs to save the princess (even though his down special in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is horseshit. (The water gun from Mario Sunshine? Cracker, please.)

Anyway, someone (someone EVIL), made Mario's face by photoshopping real people's faces into the correct dimensions for the plumber's visage. The result is actually too creepy to put on my website. The friendly folks at Kotaku have no such qualms, however. Take a deep breath before clicking: Creepy-ass Mario.

Interesting in an off-handed sort of way: a website that compares the major subway systems of the world by size and shape.

Oh! And I've become addicted to amazon.com, apparently. It all started one day when I was looking at their "Gold Box" deals. They have these things called "lightning deals" that are only good for four hours or so, but they're usually quite good. The one I first saw was Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii. I missed it, sadly. But then on Wednesday, the lightning deal was for a 40-inch Samsung 720p LCD flatscreen television for the near-criminal price of ba-bai-quai. Now all I need are some component cables so I can play Super Smash Bros. Brawl in hi-def. Oh, too sweet.

That's all for now. We went to Connecticut last weekend for Easter with Katie's aunt and uncle. I'll post some photos of pastoral Connecticut as well as Matt and Abby's visit later today if I'm not too busy/lazy.

Youtube recently held their second annual Youtube Awards. I'm sure you've all seen the video of the paper-tearing, howling-laughing, mega-cute baby (winner in the "Adorable" category), and some of you may have seen the winner for "Comedy" (Potter Puppet Pals in "the Mysterious Ticking Noise"), but my favorite by far was the Human Tetris, which won in the "Creative" category.



I actually found myself saying, "Oh, no" and "Ah, shit" when I was watching it.

Well, that's all. Don't be dicks; turn off your lights for an hour tonight. It seriously won't kill you.

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam

Like a doody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home