Friday, May 23, 2008

No Me Gusta Trabajar.

So, I ventured into Spanish Harlem last night to try my hand at Rock Band. (My friend Paco owns the PS2 version.) It played out much as I expected. I was fair-to-middling at the guitar (having failed to invest adequate hours into my own copies of the Guitar Hero trilogy) and too intimidated to sing. Luckily, Paco's girlfriend Sarah is an excellent sport, sharing the vocal duties with him, allowing me to focus...

On the DRUMS. Oh, the drums.

Rock Band for PS2 was a Lightning Deal on Amazon just two days ago, and I now wish I had gotten it. I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drums all day. I love the drums. I love to bang them. So fun. SO fun.

All right, and what have the internets vomited up for you today...

First: this may go over the heads of anyone who is 1) unfamiliar with the sidescrolling shooter Gradius, or 2) unfamiliar with old-school text adventure games, like Zork. If, however, you have even a passing knowledge of these two, dare I say, cornerstones of modern gaming, then you will enjoy this:

If that was a little too silent, then you can check out this next, fantastically noisy video.

Someone got their grubby little hands on a SNES emulator and created a series of insanely complex levels, that, when Mario (and sometimes Yoshi) is catapulted through them, play music. Wow.

Finally, I am ashamed that have kept these two websites from you for so long.

The merits of icanhascheezburger.com should be readily apparent to anyone with a computer and eyes. I recommend going to the beginning and working your way forward, but be warned: the people who inhabit the intertubes have nothing but time to waste on these endeavours, and the LOLcats number in the bajillions.

On the other hand, graphjam.com can be a bit more abstruse. It consists mainly of graphic representations of songs or memes from film, video games, etc., such as this one:
Hilarious. (Check the "Friday" column closely if you still don't get it.) Each post on Graphjam has a "Cheat Sheet" button that will give you a video or something to provide a frame of reference if you don't understand something right away.

Well, have a good weekend. I'm going to finally buckle down and finish Rogue Galaxy. Plus, Katie and I are going to become not just fit, but Wii Fit.

Jolly nice!

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam
Poppin' up like crazy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hey Adam,
Updates are good. thanks.
I'm now back on American soil, in Oregon, I've moved from Melbourne and am making my way over land to Toronto, with my brand new husband, so things have been busy! We might be coming to New York this summer, Justin (the husband) might have a gig so i'll let you know! I've got my blog rolling again, www.allisonineography.blogspot.com.
Much peace.
X A

1:04 pm, May 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam, Try this flash game. The controls are intuitive: uses mouse cursor to move and mouse click to fire. Hold mouse button for devastating attack. Watch out for pooh!

http://www.mikewang.org/images/chimgam9.swf

7:17 am, May 27, 2008  
Blogger AdamFireFist said...

Allison: Hi! Yes, swing by for a beer and a meal at the German restaurant down the road.

Anonymous: Whoever you are, you've found the reason the internet was created.

10:36 am, May 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me.

Paul

8:14 pm, May 27, 2008  
Blogger AdamFireFist said...

Ah. I might have known. After all, how many coprophiliacs are there in my life?

Well, okay, seven, but I still should have figured it out from the subtle clues you left in the message.

"Adam, Try this _f_lash gam_e_. The controls are intuitive: uses mouse cursor to mov_e_ and mous_e_ clic_k_ t_o_ fire. Ho_l_d mo_u_se button for devastating attack. W_a_tch out for _P_ooh!"

The letters, when spelled out backwards, spell "Paulokeeef", a dead giveaway, especially considering the tongue-in-cheek transposition of the last two letters.

Clever, clever, little bunny.

11:15 am, May 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home