Friday, September 05, 2008

Jesus save us.

Well, here we are. They both refer to themselves as "mavericks" almost constantly. What the fuck does that mean? If they were mavericks, they wouldn't be the christly Republican candidates. The foolishness they carried on with at the Convention this week is exactly the sort of empty, flag-waving jingoism that makes American patriotism so unpalatable to most of the rest of the planet.

All right, that's enough for now.
(P.S.: That abstinence-only sex ed. worked wonders for your daughter, didn't it? Oh, yes, I went there.)
(P.P.S.: Can you beleive that there's no McCain/Token logos freely available on the internet? I had to make that one up there all by myself.)
(P.P.P.S.: How did they do it?)

We went to Montreal last weekend, partially to enjoy a lovely long Labour Day weekend (Labor Day, for the Murkans), and partially to renew my work visa. Yay, NAFTA!

I put some pictures from the trip (along with our visit to Abby and Matt in Virginia and the long, long ago trip to Iowa for Nordic Fest) up on my Picasa account. Here is Vigirnia/Montreal, and here is Iowa.

Katie's never played an MMORPG before (and she probably couldn't even tell you what it stands for), but this game seems to have everything she likes, all rolled into one, pay-by-month package. I think it might be a WoW killer.


Everybody knows about Guitar Hero, but how many know about Guitar Praise? I'm not joking. And since I was so vitriolic up there towards the Republicans, I'll give the Christian Rock crowd a free pass. This time. I hope it does well. I can see how rocking with Satan himself would be anathema to the faithful. Easily my favourite aspect, though, is how you can't get booed off the stage as in Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Instead, "if you can't keep up, the artists will take a break and stop the music." Ooooh.

Here's a grand little commercial for Metal Gear Solid 4.


And it wouldn't be a post if there wasn't some Mega Man 9 love.


That's all you get this time. I'm tired, and I want to go watch Heroes with Katie.

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam
Pit bulls lick their own balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home