Friday, October 31, 2008

Master crafters we.

Well, here we are again. Last Halloween we didn't do much, owing mainly to the fact that we had only been here for a month. We got exactly one trick-or-treater (a surly teenager drawling, "Can we have some candy?" Fuck, no, son). We made a couple of tiny jack-o-lanterns (lit from within by LULZ Hanukkah candles). This year, though, we have friends! We're going to a party over at Chris's house. (Attentive readers will recognize the name as belonging to a real live hero.)

Katie has created her very own homemade Hello Kitty mask (drawing on this woman's template). No pictures yet. Those will come tomorrow.

I don't plan on being as creative. (I'm currently thinking something along the lines of a punnish 'cereal killer.') My creativity manifested in a, shall we say, more organic way. BEHOLD!
From Halloween 2008

I was sick and tired of seeing all the fantastic lanterns people were making by scraping the skin off the pumpkins. I wanted in. So, I printed off images of Paper Mario and Hello Kitty, got out my trusty pushpin and screwdrivers, and two and half hours later, voila.
From Halloween 2008

We also made a regular jack-o-lantern each. (Mine is on the left, Katie's on the right.)
From Halloween 2008

The Kitty and Mario are on opposite sides of the same pumpkin. I think they turned out pretty well for a first try ever.

Since you've all clamored to see more of our worthless neighbours, here's a video of Vinny from New Year's Eve wearing Chris's girlfriend's robe. Note Danielle falling down on the left.

These are the people I associate with. Christ Jesus.

Mega Man!

We're getting a new computer today, a nice little Macbook White. Katie is thrilled, and I am eager to fiddle with it.

Also, on a topic entirely unrelated to super secret project you cannot know about (yet), I am going to try my hand at the World of Warcraft. I got a free 14-day trial when I bought my copy of Starcraft, so I'm going to give it a shot for the next two weeks. If any of you out there in the intertubes play this game, e-mail me and let me know what faction and server you're on, and perhaps I can follow you around and steal all your loot we can do some quests together.

Okay! Happy Halloween!

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam
And I've got the scars to prove it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome Megaman animation. Do you play Starcraft much. I like going online and doing the RISK version of Starcraft (user settings map).

Super cool. Will eventually destroy my marriage.

Yeah, we did a jack-o-lantern this year. We never did them when I lived at home, never a family tradition. So the last few years I've been doing them with Stephanie, and I like to do traditional faces.

I want to play Starcraft 2.

~Paul

10:36 am, October 31, 2008  
Blogger AdamFireFist said...

I don't play much lately, but I would if I had a friend to play with. :D
My buddy Paco bought Starcraft right before he moved to California, and he said we were going to play, but I guess he's just a dirty liar, so fuck him.
I challenge you.
I don't know anything about the Risk mode, though. I guess I'll learn.
Yah, and it's too bad that Starcraft2 is coming out in three parts over the course of a year. Pricks. They're going to make us buy the same game three times.
And what's worse is that we'll buy it.

10:55 am, October 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home