Thursday, November 20, 2008

I know what a "Prot Tankadin" is now.

Because I am one. World of Warcraft is very fun. It was fun while I fooled around, killing wolves and bears in Elwynn Forest, but it reached a whole new level of fun when I teamed up with four other real people and killed the pirate king Edwin Van Cleef in his well-guarded cavern fortress, the Deadmines. What the fuck am I talking about?

I've created three characters. Alessan (pictured below administering justice to an evil farm animal) is a human paladin. He is a "tank", which means he's the guy who strides into a room full of baddies and shouts, "COME GET SOME!" (I picture him as having Joe Swanson's voice.)
Sandre is a troll mage. He does damage from a distance.
And this is my dwarf hunter, Eckerby. He has a gun.Okay, I'm done being a mega-nerd now. For now, I mean.

Oh, wait, no I'm not. If I had an iPhone, I would totally get this program.

Technology frightens and excites me.

We just moved the BookLinks office from Astoria to Brooklyn. It was a lot of god-damned work, is what it was, but the neighbourhood is great. I have pictures, but they're all on my phone. I'll transfer them on the weekend. We're in the acronymerrific DUMBO, which is being gentrified as I write this.

Abby and Matt were down from DC for a fun-filled weekend. Katie helped Abby set up their wedding website, which is actually pretty fun, with all sorts of borderline-inappropriate pictures.

GAMES! First, Stair Dismount, a dandy little physics simulator that has you rolling some hapless motherfucker down a big flight of stairs. You need to download and install it to play, but it's small and safe.
Second, Hanna in a Choppa, a fun little time-waster wherein you pilot Hanna in her ROFLcopter around various levels. Good for an hour, easy.
Third, Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals.
Yikes.
I mean, jesus.
Look at that. Let me say first, I am all about animal rights. (I reserve the right to not be vegetarian much in the same way that, while not gay or a woman, I feel that gay and women's rights are very, very important.) But good God. Sometimes PETA just get a hair up their collective asses, and we get something like this. The game is gruesome and gory and makes some very good points about the way food animals are treated. But picking on Mama probably isn't the way to do this. Well, yes, the game is kind of fun, in that it apes Cooking Mama almost perfectly. Ostensibly, the idea was that PETA was putting pressure on Majesco to make a vegetarian version of Cooking Mama. Majesco classily responded that "more than" 25 of the 51 dishes in the newest Cooking Mama game are, in fact, vegetarian. I wonder if they'll get points when they release Gardening Mama.

All this talk of Mama reminds me of a very funny comic I saw on VGCats. (Clarification: it's funny because of they way it portrays gender roles in video games.)

I told Katie I would put this video of a baby hamster eating broccoli on the website. It is, apparently, "cute."

Attentive readers will recall that at about this time two years ago I whined and moaned about how the South Park character generators were incapable of rendering Canadians correctly. Thankfully, the kind men who run South Park have been good enough to rectify this situation. The new generator lets you create adults, kids, kindergarteners and Canadians. So, instead of this atrocity, I can present myself as I truly am:
Drinking beer. In China. Excellent.

That's all for today. I leave you with a fantastic video of a ninja cat.

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam
Against gay marriage? Then don't have one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

I don't know if I'll ever eat again after watching that hamster. Cute my ass. That's disturbing.

6:58 pm, November 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've now defeated the fire element robot. I think his name was Napalm Man or something. The concrete power freezes the big molten lava streams.

I got to Splash Woman, but the bitch blew her whistle and out came all these fish and she kept stabbing me with her trident. Damn.

Sneaky cat.

~Paul

8:19 pm, November 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home