Saturday, February 07, 2009

Hello, World!

The world of educational publishing is, apparently, not as recession-proof as we were all led to believe by the educational publishing pundits, and as such, I find myself with slightly-more-than-is-average-for-Adam free time, which I am filling with some work for SUPER SECRET PROJECT, as well as some much-needed self-improvement in the arena of computing. That is, I am teaching myself to code in C++ and Flash (thus, the clever pun illustrated above*). So, if anyone has any knowledge of Flash or C++, I would dearly love to hear from you and become your apprentice in these arcane symbols, delimiters and variables.

Our subjugation to the Book of Faces has been gentler than I had anticipated (initial volley of "another one bites the dust"s notwithstanding), but I still think you all have rocks in your head for allowing the Book to absorb all your pictures, names, vital statistics, etc. I am unable to trust this 24-year-old Haah-vaad dropout with so much personal data, especially given the fact that "impersonation schemes affect fewer than 1 percent of Facebook's 150 million users."
But, wait. 1% of 150 million is...
1.5 million.
So, fewer than 1.5 million people who use Facebook are affected by impersonation schemes.
Christ Jesus.

ANYway.

Things of interest found on the internets:

Arnold directed my attention to a website called Today's Big Thing, which showcases a different, seemingly-random video each day. After paging through a few ho-hum attempts at humour (and a couple of childish asshole pranks), I unearthed these two gems.

Video the First: A clever bit of self-promotion by a band called Axis of Awesome, which nonetheless manages to point up the unsurprising dearth of actual talent and originality on offer in the pop music of the past couple of decades.

Video the Second: Star Wars: As Retold by Someone Who Has Never Seen It. Quite funny.

In my constant search for diversion, flash games are always welcome. This website has several baffling Japanese flavours to taste. Also, Grow Tower (as well as all of its cousins) is fun and adorable in a very Katamari-Damacy-way. I hope to one day soon be able to make something so interesting and fun with my burgeoning Flash-powers.

The worryingly-titled What the hell just came out of my ass dot com is, as near as I can tell and quite surprisingly, Safe For Work, while at the same time being an interesting experiment in absurdity. In order to operate it properly, you must click the "Refresh" button on your browser constantly. If you don't 'get it', well, sorry; you're just stupid, I guess.

Finally, I must admit that Facebook actually "gone done good" for once, by allowing my friend Heff to share this video with us. (However, in keeping with the general theme of "Facebook sucks", the embed code will not play nicely with my website. Figures.)

That is all I have to share today.

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam
Winner of catchphrase of the year: Fred Willard's "Wha' happened?"

*Sprite image of the Flash respectfully lifted from Scrollboss.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you approve.

:)

1:24 am, February 09, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adams, emails me on mys yahoo account. We wants to come see you in New York.

~Paul and Stephanie and Colin

9:34 am, February 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home