Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Flyin' solo!

Well, Katie's gone off to do her Montessori teacher training for the summer, leaving me to wallow in my own filth fend for myself for a few weeks. She'll come home on the weekends, though, so that's a good incentive for me to hide the bodies keep the place tidy.

I had a birthday. I got some cards from various quarters, a couple of games from Dad and Liz, and a slew of books I've been coveting from Katie. On my birthday proper, Katie took me down to Chinatown to one of the only games arcades in New York City (arcades having been pretty much slain by the current wild success of home consoles). We played $4 worth of games, Katie beat me down at Street Fighter II, we got some Häagen Dazs and headed up to Central Park, where we rented a rowboat and rowed around the lake for a bit. Then we went home and spent a goddamned hour trying to find a parking spot for the car because it was Puerto Rico day immediately went home and were happy and nothing was bad. Katie led me on a treasure hunt for the aforementioned books, then we went over to the park for a nighttime picnic! So fun! I loved my birthday.

Fun stuff:

I found a cool little toy on the internet that lets you create your own World of Warcraft-style item descriptions. Pretty funny for anyone who plays the game, mildly amusing for the rest of the people in the world. I created the item to the right. I think it's funny.*

[strained silence]

Fuck you guys.

Here's a little flash game that's cute and clever. It's called ClickPLAY!, and the framing story (such as it is), is that the poor neglected "Play" button, ubiquitous in flash gaming, has finally had enough and wants nothing more than to run away and hide. The object of the game is to click the little bastard. Fun!

Hefford tried to send me the link to this video a long time ago, but he made the miscalculation of sending it via Facebook. (Which, I must mention, was the source of many Happy Birthday wishes... some from my closest friends and relatives, some from complete or near-strangers, and some directed not to me, but [well-meaningly, I've no doubt] to Katie. Ahem. Facebook.) Either way, I can only hope for three things: 1. that they really are making Beyond Good & Evil 2; 2. that they will not release it only on the XBox 360, which I have no intentions of buying; and 3. that they will not release it too soon, because I do not have any money with which to buy a PS3.

Now, blogger is acting up, so I will cut this short and hope the post publishes without too much drama.

I hope to talk to you soon!

Now fuck off.

Love, Adam
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

*The funniest part is that it's a Paladin-only item, but Paladins can't equip Fist Weapons! LMAO!

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Carlson said...

I am so glad that you had a nice birthday! I had a really fun time, too! Love you!

10:03 pm, June 25, 2009  
Anonymous Bee said...

played that game, nope, not at all... only for a friggin' hour.. hahaha, addicting:)

so excited to come visit! YAY!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1:35 pm, June 29, 2009  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Birsssdayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

10:48 am, July 07, 2009  
Blogger SabrinaE said...

Sorry I missed it, happy happy birthday!!!

6:51 pm, July 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home